Skip to main content

Summer - Week 10

This week, I am working to get the dynamic time warping functionality into my program. The process of doing so includes re-processing the features to include the time series, putting each series back together when we construct sequences, and then performing the DTW to generate a number that will be used to compute the kNN of each sequence which can then be used for predictions with the models. The processing time of these activities has gone up significantly since we have been using five different metrics with each of the F phase datasets. I am returning to school next week, and once I've completed the DTW processing all that will remain before we put together our second paper (The date for the reach journal we would like to submit it to is October 1), I am hoping I will have time to look again into the Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering concept, which I did not successfully complete when we explored it earlier in the summer and then changed focus to the paper. We heard back

Week 8

My goals for this week are to:

    1. re-create the slicing functionality of the stats function that I lost last week
    2. begin working on a program that will allow me to analyze multiple data frames at once

The stat-calculator revamp is coming along smoothly, but the multi-frame analysis is still in the planning phase. I intend to re-write my Automated Sleep/Wake analyzer to clean up any unnecessary or overcomplicated features of the original. In addition to working on the programs, we've got two new patients enrolled in the light study so I will be spending a few of my mornings at St. Luke's.

Looking forward, after I am able to put together a working multiple-frame analyzer, I'll work on the literature review portion of the project.

Comments