Skip to main content

Summer - Week 10

This week, I am working to get the dynamic time warping functionality into my program. The process of doing so includes re-processing the features to include the time series, putting each series back together when we construct sequences, and then performing the DTW to generate a number that will be used to compute the kNN of each sequence which can then be used for predictions with the models. The processing time of these activities has gone up significantly since we have been using five different metrics with each of the F phase datasets. I am returning to school next week, and once I've completed the DTW processing all that will remain before we put together our second paper (The date for the reach journal we would like to submit it to is October 1), I am hoping I will have time to look again into the Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering concept, which I did not successfully complete when we explored it earlier in the summer and then changed focus to the paper. We heard back

Week 15

This week, I began working on calculating a new data feature suggested to us by Dr. Skornyakov and beginning to investigate the significance of the longest bout of sleep in a night. The latter became of interest to me after reading the same paper provided by Dr. Sprint several weeks ago that introduced the concepts of the DAR (daytime activity ratio). The study calculated an additional feature that aimed to capture how fractured a patients sleep was. While my partner and I were unable to reproduce the feature's calculation on our data due to some ambiguity in its description, it still got us thinking about paying attention to the degree of consistency of sleep.

I am going to start by locating the longest bout of sleep during a night and determining its length. Once I have this working well, there are several other angles that I think would be interesting to explore:

  • start times of longest bouts
  • length of other bouts considered relative to the longest
  • length of longest bout relative to all sleep in a day

Comments